Cold wave unabated in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Piercing cold wave conditions continue unabated in Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures dropped marginally across the state while maximum temperatures increased by one to two degree.
The key tourist resort of Manali recorded a low of minus 3.0 degree Celsius, a drop of six degree since yesterday while Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at 1.5 degree, followed by Solan 2.3 degree, Sundernagar 2.7 degree, Una 3.2 degree, Palampur 5.0 degree and Shimla and Una 5.5 degree C respectively.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest with minimum temperature at minus 9.6 degree while Kalpa in twin tribal district of Kinnaur recorded minimum temperature at minus 5.2 degree Celsius, two degree below normal.
Una was hottest in the state with maximum temperature rising by 1.5 degree to stay at 24.0 degree while Sundernagar recorded a high of 22.3 degree, followed by Bhunter 20.4 degree, Solan 19.5 degree, Dharamsala 18.6 degree, Nahan 17.9 degree and Shimla 14.4 degree.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather during the next 48 hours and rain or snow in higher reaches from January 31 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble