Cold wave unabated in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Piercing cold wave conditions continue unabated in Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures dropped marginally across the state while maximum temperatures increased by one to two degree.
The key tourist resort of Manali recorded a low of minus 3.0 degree Celsius, a drop of six degree since yesterday while Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at 1.5 degree, followed by Solan 2.3 degree, Sundernagar 2.7 degree, Una 3.2 degree, Palampur 5.0 degree and Shimla and Una 5.5 degree C respectively.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest with minimum temperature at minus 9.6 degree while Kalpa in twin tribal district of Kinnaur recorded minimum temperature at minus 5.2 degree Celsius, two degree below normal.
Una was hottest in the state with maximum temperature rising by 1.5 degree to stay at 24.0 degree while Sundernagar recorded a high of 22.3 degree, followed by Bhunter 20.4 degree, Solan 19.5 degree, Dharamsala 18.6 degree, Nahan 17.9 degree and Shimla 14.4 degree.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather during the next 48 hours and rain or snow in higher reaches from January 31 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!