Cong apologises for Virbhadra`s threat to media
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday apologised for senior party leader Virbhadra Singh`s threat to mediapersons that their cameras would be broken on being questioned about allegations of corruption against him.
"If anyone is hurt, we apologise," party spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit said when asked to react to the incident.
Terming as "unfortunate" Singh`s remarks, the party said such things can sometime happen in the midst of an election campaign.
"We do not know the context behind the incident.Sometimes in the midst of an election campaign one gets angry and upset. It is unfortunate. Virbhadra Singh is a senior leader. Sometimes, in the midst of election campaign, such things happen under mental or physical pressure," Dikshit said.
Singh had threatened to break cameras of mediapersons in Kullu district last evening when some of them had sought his reaction to the fresh charges levelled against him by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites