Cong apologises for Virbhadra`s threat to media
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday apologised for senior party leader Virbhadra Singh`s threat to mediapersons that their cameras would be broken on being questioned about allegations of corruption against him.
"If anyone is hurt, we apologise," party spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit said when asked to react to the incident.
Terming as "unfortunate" Singh`s remarks, the party said such things can sometime happen in the midst of an election campaign.
"We do not know the context behind the incident.Sometimes in the midst of an election campaign one gets angry and upset. It is unfortunate. Virbhadra Singh is a senior leader. Sometimes, in the midst of election campaign, such things happen under mental or physical pressure," Dikshit said.
Singh had threatened to break cameras of mediapersons in Kullu district last evening when some of them had sought his reaction to the fresh charges levelled against him by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing