Cong govt conspiring against me: Ex-Deputy Speaker
Dharamshala: BJP MLA and former Himachal Pradesh Assembly Deputy Speaker Rikhi Ram Kaundal, booked in a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act, Wednesday accused the Virbhadra Singh government of conspiring against him.
Kaundal was booked by State Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau, Bilaspur, yesterday under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"The case registered against me by the vigilance and anti-corruption department is a part of a conspiracy hatched by my opponents and the state government to defame me," he said.
Kaundal, elected from Jhanduta constituency of Bilaspur district, said his opponents were running a vicious campaign against him for the last five years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!