Cong govt conspiring against me: Ex-Deputy Speaker
Dharamshala: BJP MLA and former Himachal Pradesh Assembly Deputy Speaker Rikhi Ram Kaundal, booked in a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act, Wednesday accused the Virbhadra Singh government of conspiring against him.
Kaundal was booked by State Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau, Bilaspur, yesterday under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"The case registered against me by the vigilance and anti-corruption department is a part of a conspiracy hatched by my opponents and the state government to defame me," he said.
Kaundal, elected from Jhanduta constituency of Bilaspur district, said his opponents were running a vicious campaign against him for the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi