Cong govt conspiring against me: Ex-Deputy Speaker
Dharamshala: BJP MLA and former Himachal Pradesh Assembly Deputy Speaker Rikhi Ram Kaundal, booked in a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act, Wednesday accused the Virbhadra Singh government of conspiring against him.
Kaundal was booked by State Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau, Bilaspur, yesterday under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"The case registered against me by the vigilance and anti-corruption department is a part of a conspiracy hatched by my opponents and the state government to defame me," he said.
Kaundal, elected from Jhanduta constituency of Bilaspur district, said his opponents were running a vicious campaign against him for the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!