Cong leader and wife of first HP CM passes away
Shimla: Satyavati Parmar, former MP and wife
of Himachal Pradesh`s first Chief Minister Y S Parmar, has
died of multi-organ failure, hospital sources said here on Wednesday.
Parmar (90) breathed her last at Indira Gandhi Medical
College (IGMC) last night, Deputy Medical Superintendent
Ramesh Kumar said.
She had been admitted to IGMC on Monday night after she
complained of breathing problem, Kumar said.
Parmar is survived by two daughters.
Satyavati Parmar headed the state unit of the Congress
from 1964-69 and was also Rajya Sabha member during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand