Cong leader and wife of first HP CM passes away
Shimla: Satyavati Parmar, former MP and wife
of Himachal Pradesh`s first Chief Minister Y S Parmar, has
died of multi-organ failure, hospital sources said here on Wednesday.
Parmar (90) breathed her last at Indira Gandhi Medical
College (IGMC) last night, Deputy Medical Superintendent
Ramesh Kumar said.
She had been admitted to IGMC on Monday night after she
complained of breathing problem, Kumar said.
Parmar is survived by two daughters.
Satyavati Parmar headed the state unit of the Congress
from 1964-69 and was also Rajya Sabha member during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16