Cong playing role of opposition effectively: Stoke
Shimla: Senior Congress leader Vidya Stokes on Wednesday said her party was playing the role of opposition in Himachal Pradesh effectively and would issue a charge-sheet against the state government in a day or two.
The party would fully expose the misdeeds of the Prem Kumar Dhumal-led BJP government in the state, the Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly said.
Referring to Union Minister V B Singh`s reported remarks hat the state Congress was adopting a soft approach towards the state government, Stokes said her party was playing the role of the opposition in an effective manner.
"The firm resistance put up by the Congress led to Health Minister Bindal to resign. We will not rest till the charges against him are probed by some independent agency," she said.
The Congress charge-sheet against the government would be issued in a day or two, she said.
"May be I am generally soft spoken but this does not mean that I don`t know what is going wrong and where," Stokes said, adding she would apprise Singh about the aggressive role of the party in the state when she meets him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today