Cong playing role of opposition effectively: Stoke
Shimla: Senior Congress leader Vidya Stokes on Wednesday said her party was playing the role of opposition in Himachal Pradesh effectively and would issue a charge-sheet against the state government in a day or two.
The party would fully expose the misdeeds of the Prem Kumar Dhumal-led BJP government in the state, the Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly said.
Referring to Union Minister V B Singh`s reported remarks hat the state Congress was adopting a soft approach towards the state government, Stokes said her party was playing the role of the opposition in an effective manner.
"The firm resistance put up by the Congress led to Health Minister Bindal to resign. We will not rest till the charges against him are probed by some independent agency," she said.
The Congress charge-sheet against the government would be issued in a day or two, she said.
"May be I am generally soft spoken but this does not mean that I don`t know what is going wrong and where," Stokes said, adding she would apprise Singh about the aggressive role of the party in the state when she meets him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`