Congress charge-sheet, a stale, concocted doc: BJP
Shimla: Himachal BJP on Thursday dismissed the 114-page "charge sheet" of Congress against the state government as a "stale document of lies and concoctions", saying there was hardly any need for the party to reply to the charges.
It was a "rehash" of the charge-sheet which was leaked few months ago and an attempt to avoid the embarrassment of not being able to submit the charges for nearly two years, state BJP chief Sat Pal Singh Satti told reporters here.
On May 17, BJP had released documents which it said were the Congress’s unreleased charge sheet against the state’s top leaders, including Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
"I had released the previous charge sheet of Congress and replied to all the allegations made on the state government, and the new one has nothing which deserves to be answered," he said.
"The list of charges made by Congress in the previous and the new charge sheet are almost similar," the BJP leader said.
If the new charge sheet contains any defamatory contents aimed at tarnishing the image of the ministers, bureaucrats or other leaders, the required legal action would be initiated, he said.
Satti claimed the charge sheet held no meaning for BJP.
BJP is concentrating on its election campaign and the candidates are being finalised for the assembly polls, he said.
A Congress delegation has submitted its charge sheet against BJP government in Himachal Pradesh to the President targeting Chief Minister P K Dhumal and top state leaders, and demanded a high-level independent inquiry into its allegations.
The charge sheet, which took nearly two years to come out in public, is titled `Himachal on Sale`. It targets the Chief Minister, his MP son Anurag Thakur, ministers and some "favourite officers calling the shots" in the Dhumal government.
The charge sheet has dubbed the Dhumal government as "property dealer" and accused it of "favouring outsiders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened