Congress launches `BJP quit Himachal` campaign
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Congress on Thursday launched a "BJP quit Himachal" campaign coinciding with 9th anniversary of Quit India movement call given by Congress in 1942 during the freedom movement.
The call, which was a part of strategy of Congress for coming assembly polls, did not evoke much response and in some of the places like state capital Shimla, the response was lukewarm.
Former ministes and senior Congress leaders, including Rangilla Ram and Ram Lal Thakur, led the protests in district headquarters.
The Congress leaders accused the state`s BJP government of rampant corruption and patronising land, mining and real estate and education mafias.
The Congress leaders said the "charge-sheet" against BJP which was almost ready would be released soon and the allegations made in the document would be the main agenda of the party to "expose corruption" during BJP rule.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents