Congress running away from debate: BJP
Shimla: With Congress continuing to boycott
Himachal Pradesh Assembly over the issue of corruption, ruling
BJP on Sunday accused the party of running away from debate and
playing gimmicks to divert the attention of people from its
dismal performance as opposition.
"Despite no issue at hand to take on the government, the
Congress has allowed the chance to raise the issue of
corruption forcefully in the House to slip from its hand by
boycotting the Assembly," state BJP spokesperson Ganesh Dutt
told media persons.
Terming the boycott as deliberate on part of Congress, he
said it wants to politicize the issue and not debate it.
"We have repeatedly told the Congress leaders to come out
with credible evidence in support of charges against health
minister Dr Rajiv Bindal or any other leader and the
government was ready for any probe by any agency but the
Congress is playing truant," he added.
Congress members have been boycotting the state Assembly
demanding resignation of Health Minister Rajiv Bindal and a
CBI inquiry into the corruption charges levelled against him
by the party.
Dutt said the sole motive of Congress was misinforming
people by its malicious propaganda and tarnish the image of
Referring to the issue of corruption, he asked all the
Congress leaders to declare their assets when they were
elected to the state Assembly or Parliament for the first time
and the wealth amassed by them till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM