Congress running away from debate: BJP
Shimla: With Congress continuing to boycott
Himachal Pradesh Assembly over the issue of corruption, ruling
BJP on Sunday accused the party of running away from debate and
playing gimmicks to divert the attention of people from its
dismal performance as opposition.
"Despite no issue at hand to take on the government, the
Congress has allowed the chance to raise the issue of
corruption forcefully in the House to slip from its hand by
boycotting the Assembly," state BJP spokesperson Ganesh Dutt
told media persons.
Terming the boycott as deliberate on part of Congress, he
said it wants to politicize the issue and not debate it.
"We have repeatedly told the Congress leaders to come out
with credible evidence in support of charges against health
minister Dr Rajiv Bindal or any other leader and the
government was ready for any probe by any agency but the
Congress is playing truant," he added.
Congress members have been boycotting the state Assembly
demanding resignation of Health Minister Rajiv Bindal and a
CBI inquiry into the corruption charges levelled against him
by the party.
Dutt said the sole motive of Congress was misinforming
people by its malicious propaganda and tarnish the image of
Referring to the issue of corruption, he asked all the
Congress leaders to declare their assets when they were
elected to the state Assembly or Parliament for the first time
and the wealth amassed by them till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader