Congress shying away from discussion on corruption: Dhumal
Dharamsala: BJP leader Prem Kumar Dhumal on Saturday accused Congress government in Himachal Pradesh of shying away from discussion on major issues like corruption and political vendetta.
"We gave notice for three adjournment motions seeking immediate discussion on most important issues of corruption by government and vendetta against political rivals, but all the adjournments were disallowed and we were not allowed to raise issues concerning the state," he told reporters here.
Dhumal said that whenever BJP members targeted Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on such issues, "He tries to wriggle out of situation, pleading that he was innocent but it is not true. There are personal allegations against him and he must reply."
He said the chief minister had not responded to the issues raised by the BJP as to why he took loan from the same company, where his family members are holding shares.
In the latest allegation against Virbhadra, Congress MLA Ram Kumar has accused the chief minister of implicating him in a murder case, Dhumal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!