Court issues arrest warrant against absconding IPS
Dharamsala: A session`s court in Kullu on Friday
issued arrest warrant against a Himachal cadre IPS officer,
absconding after being suspended on charges of corruption.
AIG (Police) K K Indoria was suspended for allegedly
taking bribe from a hydro-power company during his posting as
After rejection of his bail plea by the Supreme Court in
the bribery case, Vigilance Bureau was expecting him to
surrender but he failed to show up after which a local court
declared Indoria as a proclaimed offender yesterday.
"Indoria has gone underground after his pre-arrest bail
was rejected and all efforts of the vigilance team to trace
him have failed thus compelling the agency to seek shelter of
the court," K C Sadyal, Additional Director General of Police
He was granted anticipatory bail by the Himachal Pradesh
High Court on March 1 which expired March 10, he said.
A promotee IPS, the ex SP Kullu Indoria was facing
charges of corruption and benefiting from Allain Duhangan
Hydropower Ltd during his tenure from 2009 to 2010.
"The vigilance teams will conduct raids at all possible
places where Indoria has been moving," Sadyal said.
Earlier, the vigilance had arrested a Kullu businessman,
who allegedly used to collect bribe on his behalf.
This is the third curroption case against high level
police official in Himachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love