Court rejects anticipatory bail plea of Himachal MLA
Panchkula (Har): A court here Wednesday rejected the anticipatory bail plea of a newly-elected Himachal Congress MLA, who is on the run in connection with the murder of a young girl.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Sanjay Sandhir junked the petition of Ram Kumar Chaudhary, while accepting police`s demand that custodial interrogation of Chaudhary is required in the case.
The MLA is wanted by Haryana Police in connection with the murder of a young girl, a native of Hoshiarpur in Punjab.
Jyoti was found dead in Panchkula on November 22.
The postmortem report of the girl confirmed that she died of head injuries and had an abortion recently. It was only after the investigation of Jyoti`s cell phone details, the role of MLA came under scanner.
Butti Ram, father of Jyoti, had filed a complaint with Haryana police alleging that Chaudhary had close links with his daughter and he could be involved in the murder.
Ram also alleged that Chaudhary had visited his house during the marriage of his younger daughter in September 2009.
Ram Kumar, general secretary of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee, has won from Doon constituency in Baddi.
He is the son of four-time Congress MLA, Lajja Ram.
Panchkula Police, which had obtained MLA`s arrest warrants, had raided various places in Baddi, Shimla and some parts of Punjab in search of Ram Kumar but he could not be arrested.
Even, the MLA was also absent on Tuesday from the swearing in ceremony of HP Chief minister Virbhadra Singh at Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!