Court rejects plea for cancellation of bail for VB Singh
Shimla: In a relief for former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister VB Singh, a court here on Saturday rejected the prosecution`s plea for cancellation of bail for him and his Pratibha Singh in a graft case.
Special Judge BL Soni, who had reserved the orders on September after arguments, announced his order this evening.
The prosecution had alleged that Singh was influencing the witnesses and it had enough evidence against the couple.
The court had framed charges against Singh and his wife, a former Lok Sabha member, on June 25 last, after which Singh resigned as Union Minister of Small, Micro and Medium enterprises the next day.
He withdrew the petition filed by him in the High Court for quashing the FIR or handing over the investigations to CBI.
He appeared in the case on September 7 last and regular hearing of the case started.
The court has already fixed September 21 as next date of hearing.
A graft case was registered against Singh and his wife on the basis of an audio-CD allegedly containing conversations of the couple with some officials and industrialists in a 23- year-old matter.
Five times chief minister VB Singh has alleged the cases against him and his wife were fabricated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read