Court sends teacher to three-day police remand for raping minor
Mandi: A Sessions court on Saturday sent a primary school teacher to three days police remand for allegedly raping a 10-year-old class IV student.
The accused was arrested yesterday and produced before the court here today, police said.
Judicial Magistrate Gitika Kapila remanded the accused to police custody for three days, after the victim`s statement was recorded in the court in camera, they said.
Mandi Superintendent of Police R S Negi said that a complaint was lodged by the victim`s father before him yesterday saying his daughter was sexually assaulted by Pune Ram who is a teacher at Primary School Mahigaloo in Padahar Sub division, during school hours on March 22.
On his complaint, a case was lodged at Padhar police station under various Sections of IPC and POCSO (Prevention of children from sexual offences) Act, he said, adding the probe was on into the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis