Creation of new districts last priority of HP Govt
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday ruled out any immediate reorganisation or creation of new districts, saying that creating such administrative units would be the "last priority" of his government.
Addressing a public meeting at his native town Rampur, Singh said that "creation of new districts is the last priority of the state government and so far there is no proposal to create any new district".
He alleged that the pace of development in sectors like health and education was "badly retarded" during the previous BJP government, which only tried to lure the voters by making tall promises ahead of the assembly elections.
"New schools would be opened as per the requirement and all the vacancies would be filled on priority in Health, Education, IPH, Revenue and other major departments," the chief minister said.
He said that his government was committed to overall development of the state and special emphasis was being laid on backward areas to bring these on par with developed areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot