Creation of new districts last priority of HP Govt
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday ruled out any immediate reorganisation or creation of new districts, saying that creating such administrative units would be the "last priority" of his government.
Addressing a public meeting at his native town Rampur, Singh said that "creation of new districts is the last priority of the state government and so far there is no proposal to create any new district".
He alleged that the pace of development in sectors like health and education was "badly retarded" during the previous BJP government, which only tried to lure the voters by making tall promises ahead of the assembly elections.
"New schools would be opened as per the requirement and all the vacancies would be filled on priority in Health, Education, IPH, Revenue and other major departments," the chief minister said.
He said that his government was committed to overall development of the state and special emphasis was being laid on backward areas to bring these on par with developed areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre