Creation of new districts last priority of HP Govt
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday ruled out any immediate reorganisation or creation of new districts, saying that creating such administrative units would be the "last priority" of his government.
Addressing a public meeting at his native town Rampur, Singh said that "creation of new districts is the last priority of the state government and so far there is no proposal to create any new district".
He alleged that the pace of development in sectors like health and education was "badly retarded" during the previous BJP government, which only tried to lure the voters by making tall promises ahead of the assembly elections.
"New schools would be opened as per the requirement and all the vacancies would be filled on priority in Health, Education, IPH, Revenue and other major departments," the chief minister said.
He said that his government was committed to overall development of the state and special emphasis was being laid on backward areas to bring these on par with developed areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands