Dalai Lama conferred honorary doctorate
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the
Dalai Lama has been conferred with an honorary Doctor of
Humane Letters by the University of Minnesota for inspiring
the world to achieve the humanity`s fundamental desire for
happiness, freedom and peace.
University of Minnesota`s president Robert H Bruininks
and a Regent presented the honorary degree to the Dalai Lama
on Sunday at a ceremony held at the university`s Mariucci
Arena, an official of Tibetan Central Administration said.
"Because you demonstrate that with quiet
determination, a compassionate heart and a curious mind, even
the path of a simple Buddhist monk can lead to a place of
global understanding and purpose; because your teachings
reveal all we share the fundamental desire for
happiness and freedom, to the impact we have on our
planet...," the citation read.
The Nobel laureate thanked the University for the
honorary degree, for which he remarked he did not have to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested