Dalai Lama to take part in `Kalachakra` ceremony in Leh
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama will participate in the `Kalachakra` (Wheel of Time) ceremony and pray for world peace in the mountainous district of Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir next month, an aide said Tuesday.
The Kalachakra ceremony would be held in Leh July 10-12, an official of the Dalai Lama`s office told IANS.
The spiritual leader would reach Leh July 3.
Before this, he would participate in religious activities and teach in Padum in Kargil district and Likir in Ladakh district.
Organisers of the `Kalachakra` ceremony said more than 25,000 Buddhists from across the globe would converge on Leh for the occasion.
They said the `Kalachakra` is held for world peace and for the smooth flourishing of Tibetan Buddhism.
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since fleeing his homeland in 1959. The Tibetan administration-in-exile is based in this northern Indian hill town. India is home to some 100,000 Tibetan exiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi