Dalhousie adjudged as `Fav Hill Destination` by travel magazine
Shimla: The famous hill tourist resort of Dalhousie in Chamba district of Himachal has been adjudged as `Favourite Hill Destination` of the country by a leading travel magazine, director of state tourism said today.
Outlook Traveller has announced this on their website and the award would be presented to the state on January 24 in New Delhi, Director of Tourism Himachal Pradesh Subhashish Panda said.
Panda said 1.61 crore tourists visited Himachal Pradesh last year which was about 7 percent higher than the preceding year. Out of this, five lakh tourists were foreigners and remaining 1.56 crore were domestic tourists.
"Concerted efforts are being made for developing and strengthening the tourist infrastructure in the state and wayside amenities were being created along highways while new civic amenities and upgraded facilities are being provided at tourist places," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof