Dalhousie adjudged as `Fav Hill Destination` by travel magazine
Shimla: The famous hill tourist resort of Dalhousie in Chamba district of Himachal has been adjudged as `Favourite Hill Destination` of the country by a leading travel magazine, director of state tourism said today.
Outlook Traveller has announced this on their website and the award would be presented to the state on January 24 in New Delhi, Director of Tourism Himachal Pradesh Subhashish Panda said.
Panda said 1.61 crore tourists visited Himachal Pradesh last year which was about 7 percent higher than the preceding year. Out of this, five lakh tourists were foreigners and remaining 1.56 crore were domestic tourists.
"Concerted efforts are being made for developing and strengthening the tourist infrastructure in the state and wayside amenities were being created along highways while new civic amenities and upgraded facilities are being provided at tourist places," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"