Dalhousie adjudged as `Fav Hill Destination` by travel magazine
Shimla: The famous hill tourist resort of Dalhousie in Chamba district of Himachal has been adjudged as `Favourite Hill Destination` of the country by a leading travel magazine, director of state tourism said today.
Outlook Traveller has announced this on their website and the award would be presented to the state on January 24 in New Delhi, Director of Tourism Himachal Pradesh Subhashish Panda said.
Panda said 1.61 crore tourists visited Himachal Pradesh last year which was about 7 percent higher than the preceding year. Out of this, five lakh tourists were foreigners and remaining 1.56 crore were domestic tourists.
"Concerted efforts are being made for developing and strengthening the tourist infrastructure in the state and wayside amenities were being created along highways while new civic amenities and upgraded facilities are being provided at tourist places," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police