Dalhousie adjudged as `Fav Hill Destination` by travel magazine
Shimla: The famous hill tourist resort of Dalhousie in Chamba district of Himachal has been adjudged as `Favourite Hill Destination` of the country by a leading travel magazine, director of state tourism said today.
Outlook Traveller has announced this on their website and the award would be presented to the state on January 24 in New Delhi, Director of Tourism Himachal Pradesh Subhashish Panda said.
Panda said 1.61 crore tourists visited Himachal Pradesh last year which was about 7 percent higher than the preceding year. Out of this, five lakh tourists were foreigners and remaining 1.56 crore were domestic tourists.
"Concerted efforts are being made for developing and strengthening the tourist infrastructure in the state and wayside amenities were being created along highways while new civic amenities and upgraded facilities are being provided at tourist places," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference