Delhi gives Rs 5 crore to rain-hit Himachal
Shimla: The Delhi government has contributed Rs 5 crore towards the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister`s Relief Fund for undertaking relief and rehabilitation work in rain and flood-ravaged areas of the hill state, an official statement said here Monday.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has thanked the government and people of Delhi for contributing towards the noble cause which, he said, would help undertaking restoration works.
Incessant rainfall in the region June 16 triggered massive landslides that blocked many roads and damaged public and private property in Kinnaur district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory