Denied ticket Himachal Cong MLA to go alone
Dharamsala: Congress MLA from Pragpur Constituency, who was denied ticket by the party, has decided to contest the Assembly polls from Dehra as an Independent candidate.
Annoyed by the party decision Yog Raj said, "I have been denied the party ticket despite my highest percentage of votes from Pragpur in the last Assembly elections. This is wrong, I will definitely contest the elections."
Yog Raj said he was in touch with various political parties, like by Samajwadi Party "whose chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has already approached me."
"I shall start work in Dehra constituency from Tuesday," he said.
Yog Raj was earlier elected on the Congress ticket from Pragpur, a reserved constituency.
After delimitation, it was de-reserved and renamed as Jaswan-Pragpur, where Nikhil rajour another sitting party MLA is the party nominee now.
Yog Raj had staked his claim to the ticket from Dehra on the plea that most areas of the Pragpur constituency were now a part of the Dehra constituency.
Whereas party is fielding a new face Brig (retd) Rajinder Rana from Dehra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered