Denied ticket Himachal Cong MLA to go alone
Dharamsala: Congress MLA from Pragpur Constituency, who was denied ticket by the party, has decided to contest the Assembly polls from Dehra as an Independent candidate.
Annoyed by the party decision Yog Raj said, "I have been denied the party ticket despite my highest percentage of votes from Pragpur in the last Assembly elections. This is wrong, I will definitely contest the elections."
Yog Raj said he was in touch with various political parties, like by Samajwadi Party "whose chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has already approached me."
"I shall start work in Dehra constituency from Tuesday," he said.
Yog Raj was earlier elected on the Congress ticket from Pragpur, a reserved constituency.
After delimitation, it was de-reserved and renamed as Jaswan-Pragpur, where Nikhil rajour another sitting party MLA is the party nominee now.
Yog Raj had staked his claim to the ticket from Dehra on the plea that most areas of the Pragpur constituency were now a part of the Dehra constituency.
Whereas party is fielding a new face Brig (retd) Rajinder Rana from Dehra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him