Denied ticket Himachal Cong MLA to go alone
Dharamsala: Congress MLA from Pragpur Constituency, who was denied ticket by the party, has decided to contest the Assembly polls from Dehra as an Independent candidate.
Annoyed by the party decision Yog Raj said, "I have been denied the party ticket despite my highest percentage of votes from Pragpur in the last Assembly elections. This is wrong, I will definitely contest the elections."
Yog Raj said he was in touch with various political parties, like by Samajwadi Party "whose chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has already approached me."
"I shall start work in Dehra constituency from Tuesday," he said.
Yog Raj was earlier elected on the Congress ticket from Pragpur, a reserved constituency.
After delimitation, it was de-reserved and renamed as Jaswan-Pragpur, where Nikhil rajour another sitting party MLA is the party nominee now.
Yog Raj had staked his claim to the ticket from Dehra on the plea that most areas of the Pragpur constituency were now a part of the Dehra constituency.
Whereas party is fielding a new face Brig (retd) Rajinder Rana from Dehra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan