Denied ticket Himachal Cong MLA to go alone
Dharamsala: Congress MLA from Pragpur Constituency, who was denied ticket by the party, has decided to contest the Assembly polls from Dehra as an Independent candidate.
Annoyed by the party decision Yog Raj said, "I have been denied the party ticket despite my highest percentage of votes from Pragpur in the last Assembly elections. This is wrong, I will definitely contest the elections."
Yog Raj said he was in touch with various political parties, like by Samajwadi Party "whose chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has already approached me."
"I shall start work in Dehra constituency from Tuesday," he said.
Yog Raj was earlier elected on the Congress ticket from Pragpur, a reserved constituency.
After delimitation, it was de-reserved and renamed as Jaswan-Pragpur, where Nikhil rajour another sitting party MLA is the party nominee now.
Yog Raj had staked his claim to the ticket from Dehra on the plea that most areas of the Pragpur constituency were now a part of the Dehra constituency.
Whereas party is fielding a new face Brig (retd) Rajinder Rana from Dehra.
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- SAMCO launches Season 2 of the Indian Trading League
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!
- Enrica Lexie case: Italy cites UN tribunal ruling, seeks Italian marine's release; India differs