Deputy Speaker`s post: Virbhadra rejects BJP’s demand
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Wednesday ruled out the possibility of offering the post of Vidhan Sabha Deputy Speaker to the Opposition as suggested by the BJP.
The Deputy Speaker would be only from the Congress, he told reporters here.
"Why Prem Kumar Dhumal did not start this tradition during the previous BJP regime?" asked Virbhadra.
Dhumal, the Leader of the Opposition, had yesterday said the BJP would not field its candidate for the post of the Speaker to maintain healthy traditions.
He asked the Congress to abide by the traditions and offer the post of Deputy Speaker to the Opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players