Dharamsala rally of Congress a damp squib: BJP
Shimla: Terming the Congress`s `Parivartan rally` as a "damp squib", Himachal Pradesh BJP on Friday said against the claim of gathering 50,000 people, the rally attracted hardly 3,000 to 4,000 people.
Though the Congress leadership and two Union ministers were directed by the UPA Chairperson to put up a united face, the Congress workers were seen raising slogans in favour of their own favourite leaders to project them a chief ministerial candidates, party spokesperson Ganesh Dutt said.
Dutt claimed the gathering squeezed to a small crowd of 500 when the Union minister VB Singh rose to speak and the fact the Congress was a divided house was "fully exposed".
He alleged it was during the Congress rule that maximum benami transactions took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?