Dharamsala rally of Congress a damp squib: BJP
Shimla: Terming the Congress`s `Parivartan rally` as a "damp squib", Himachal Pradesh BJP on Friday said against the claim of gathering 50,000 people, the rally attracted hardly 3,000 to 4,000 people.
Though the Congress leadership and two Union ministers were directed by the UPA Chairperson to put up a united face, the Congress workers were seen raising slogans in favour of their own favourite leaders to project them a chief ministerial candidates, party spokesperson Ganesh Dutt said.
Dutt claimed the gathering squeezed to a small crowd of 500 when the Union minister VB Singh rose to speak and the fact the Congress was a divided house was "fully exposed".
He alleged it was during the Congress rule that maximum benami transactions took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'