Dharamsala rally of Congress a damp squib: BJP
Shimla: Terming the Congress`s `Parivartan rally` as a "damp squib", Himachal Pradesh BJP on Friday said against the claim of gathering 50,000 people, the rally attracted hardly 3,000 to 4,000 people.
Though the Congress leadership and two Union ministers were directed by the UPA Chairperson to put up a united face, the Congress workers were seen raising slogans in favour of their own favourite leaders to project them a chief ministerial candidates, party spokesperson Ganesh Dutt said.
Dutt claimed the gathering squeezed to a small crowd of 500 when the Union minister VB Singh rose to speak and the fact the Congress was a divided house was "fully exposed".
He alleged it was during the Congress rule that maximum benami transactions took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!