Dharamsala to be developed as sports city: Dhumal
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister P K Dhumal on Monday said Dharamsala, the winter seat of the state government, in Kangra district would be developed as a sports city and that necessary infrastructure were being developed.
“The city has an international cricket stadium where IPL matches were played recently. It also has an indoor stadium where a synthetic athletics track is being developed. Wooden
flooring has been done at a cost of Rs 130 crore," Dhumal said.
He said another synthetic track would be laid in Hamirpur and two volley ball terra flex courts were coming up in Bilaspur and Una. In the last three years, the state government provided government jobs to 256 people under the sports quota, he said.
The chief minister noted two shooters from the state were participating in 2010 Commonwealth Games. "Shamresh Jung from HP was declared the best athlete in the last Games."
He was speaking at the closing ceremony of the three-day Women Sports Festival held in Police Stadium here in which 1000 athletes from 12 districts of the state competed in seven different disciplines. Kangra district was declared as the overall champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO