Dharamsala to be developed as sports city: Dhumal
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister P K Dhumal on Monday said Dharamsala, the winter seat of the state government, in Kangra district would be developed as a sports city and that necessary infrastructure were being developed.
“The city has an international cricket stadium where IPL matches were played recently. It also has an indoor stadium where a synthetic athletics track is being developed. Wooden
flooring has been done at a cost of Rs 130 crore," Dhumal said.
He said another synthetic track would be laid in Hamirpur and two volley ball terra flex courts were coming up in Bilaspur and Una. In the last three years, the state government provided government jobs to 256 people under the sports quota, he said.
The chief minister noted two shooters from the state were participating in 2010 Commonwealth Games. "Shamresh Jung from HP was declared the best athlete in the last Games."
He was speaking at the closing ceremony of the three-day Women Sports Festival held in Police Stadium here in which 1000 athletes from 12 districts of the state competed in seven different disciplines. Kangra district was declared as the overall champion.
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017