Dharamsala to be developed as sports city: Dhumal
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister P K Dhumal on Monday said Dharamsala, the winter seat of the state government, in Kangra district would be developed as a sports city and that necessary infrastructure were being developed.
“The city has an international cricket stadium where IPL matches were played recently. It also has an indoor stadium where a synthetic athletics track is being developed. Wooden
flooring has been done at a cost of Rs 130 crore," Dhumal said.
He said another synthetic track would be laid in Hamirpur and two volley ball terra flex courts were coming up in Bilaspur and Una. In the last three years, the state government provided government jobs to 256 people under the sports quota, he said.
The chief minister noted two shooters from the state were participating in 2010 Commonwealth Games. "Shamresh Jung from HP was declared the best athlete in the last Games."
He was speaking at the closing ceremony of the three-day Women Sports Festival held in Police Stadium here in which 1000 athletes from 12 districts of the state competed in seven different disciplines. Kangra district was declared as the overall champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof