Dhumal announces sops on Independence Day
Kullu: In the run up to assembly elections, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Wednesday announced sops for government employees and pensioners.
"The government will provide 7 percent dearness allowance to all state employees and pensioners due from January," he said in his Independence Day speech here. "This will cost Rs.350 crore to the state exchequer."
He announced enhancement in social security pension to Rs.450 a month from Rs.400. "It will be effective from Sep 1 and would benefit about 300,000 beneficiaries."
For daily wagers, Dhumal announced the increase in salary of daily wagers from Rs.130 to Rs.150 and daily allowance of Home Guard volunteers from Rs.200 to Rs.225. Both will come into effect from Sep 1.
For the welfare of police force, the chief minister announced that all constables completing 20 years of services will be designated as honorary head constables.
For students, Dhumal announced a cash award of Rs.31,000 to the students belonging to the state admitted to IIT/IIM, besides an annual scholarship of Rs.15,000 to 2,000 girls ranking at top 2,000 positions in Class XII examination of the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.
On the occasion, the chief minister launched the netbook distribution scheme under which 4,000 toppers of matric will be provided notbooks.
He announced to provide 50 percent subsidy on wheat seed and fodder to the drought-hit farmers.
Though elections to the 68-member assembly are due in December, they are likely to be held in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered