Dhumal asks Virbhadra to clarify on allegations
Shimla: Opposition leader, P K Dhumal today asked Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh to clarify charges levelled against him regarding his and his family`s financial transactions.
Holding that counter allegations wouldn`t work, Dhumal asked Singh to introspect and resign before it was too late, in a letter, copies of which were sent to Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"Instead of giving specific reply, he is trying to misguide the party high command and the common man," Dhumal said.
Posing ten questions in his letter, Dhumal asked Singh to clarify on the Rs 2 crore received by his son Vikramaditya in 2011, Rs 60 lakh received by wife Pratibha Singh in February 2013 and Rs 1.2 crore by him in May 2013.
"How much money has been paid and on what dates against purchase of shares in Tarini Infrastructure by your family members?
"While you mentioned 2,110 shares in some other unlisted company, how come you forgot to mention about 9.8 lakh shares in your election affidavit," he questioned.
Dhumal asked the Chief Minister why the company was referred to as Tarini Infrastructure Ltd., a Listed Company, whereas it was not listed in any stock exchange and was a private company.
"You completely concealed information regarding Maple Destinations and Dream Build Pvt Ltd which is 100 per cent owned by your family. What is the source of crores of rupees invested in this company," he asked.
The BJP leader questioned Singh why he took loan from an individual, (whose companies have defaulted on bank payments), when he had about Rs 9.5 crore in bank.
"The reason given by you for raising loan was payment you had to make to lawyers, whereas the person who gave you the money said it was for repair of your palace," he said.
Dhumal observed that Pratibha said that she "got Rs 60 lakhs in lieu of shares whereas the Annual Report filed with Registrar of Companies suggests that his (Virbhadra`s) family still holds 9.8 lakh shares as on November 11, 2013.
"On the other hand, the only person whose shareholding had come down from 1.54 lakhs to about 64 thousand, is Tarini, daughter of?Wakamulla," Dhumal said.
He also asked the Chief Minister to explain how his apple crop rose from Rs 47.35 lakh to Rs 6.56 crores in three years.
"Is it a mere coincidence that this golden period (2009, 2010 and 2011) was only for three years, neither before nor afterwards," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video