Dhumal blames selection of candidates for defeat
Shimla: Prem Kumar Dhumal has submitted his resignation as Himachal Pradesh chief minister to Governor Urmila Singh. He blamed the poor selection of candidates for the BJP`s defeat in the Assembly polls, the results of which were declared on Thursday.
Conceding defeat, Dhumal told reporters here on Friday that he submitted his resignation immediately after the results were announced.
"There was a problem on the selection of some candidates and the party will shortly analyse to find out where we went wrong," he said.
The Congress secured 36 seats and the BJP 26 seats, while Independents and others bagged six seats in the 68-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why