Dhumal blames selection of candidates for defeat
Shimla: Prem Kumar Dhumal has submitted his resignation as Himachal Pradesh chief minister to Governor Urmila Singh. He blamed the poor selection of candidates for the BJP`s defeat in the Assembly polls, the results of which were declared on Thursday.
Conceding defeat, Dhumal told reporters here on Friday that he submitted his resignation immediately after the results were announced.
"There was a problem on the selection of some candidates and the party will shortly analyse to find out where we went wrong," he said.
The Congress secured 36 seats and the BJP 26 seats, while Independents and others bagged six seats in the 68-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing