Dhumal blames selection of candidates for defeat
Shimla: Prem Kumar Dhumal has submitted his resignation as Himachal Pradesh chief minister to Governor Urmila Singh. He blamed the poor selection of candidates for the BJP`s defeat in the Assembly polls, the results of which were declared on Thursday.
Conceding defeat, Dhumal told reporters here on Friday that he submitted his resignation immediately after the results were announced.
"There was a problem on the selection of some candidates and the party will shortly analyse to find out where we went wrong," he said.
The Congress secured 36 seats and the BJP 26 seats, while Independents and others bagged six seats in the 68-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly