Dhumal blames selection of candidates for defeat
Shimla: Prem Kumar Dhumal has submitted his resignation as Himachal Pradesh chief minister to Governor Urmila Singh. He blamed the poor selection of candidates for the BJP`s defeat in the Assembly polls, the results of which were declared on Thursday.
Conceding defeat, Dhumal told reporters here on Friday that he submitted his resignation immediately after the results were announced.
"There was a problem on the selection of some candidates and the party will shortly analyse to find out where we went wrong," he said.
The Congress secured 36 seats and the BJP 26 seats, while Independents and others bagged six seats in the 68-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?