Dhumal blames selection of candidates for defeat
Shimla: Prem Kumar Dhumal has submitted his resignation as Himachal Pradesh chief minister to Governor Urmila Singh. He blamed the poor selection of candidates for the BJP`s defeat in the Assembly polls, the results of which were declared on Thursday.
Conceding defeat, Dhumal told reporters here on Friday that he submitted his resignation immediately after the results were announced.
"There was a problem on the selection of some candidates and the party will shortly analyse to find out where we went wrong," he said.
The Congress secured 36 seats and the BJP 26 seats, while Independents and others bagged six seats in the 68-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands