Dhumal denies charges of phone-tapping of politicians
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister P K
Dhumal on Friday denied the charge that the phones of politicians,
especially opposition Congress leaders, were being tapped.
"No phone-tapping of any politician is being done at the
behest of the government. Phones of criminals or some other
anti-social elements might be tapped by security agencies
under the provisions of Telegraph act of 1885 but such cases
do not come to him," he asserted.
"Earlier also I had written to the Prime minister to
conduct any inquiry by any agency into the allegations of
phone tapping," Dhumal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!