Dhumal denies charges of phone-tapping of politicians
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister P K
Dhumal on Friday denied the charge that the phones of politicians,
especially opposition Congress leaders, were being tapped.
"No phone-tapping of any politician is being done at the
behest of the government. Phones of criminals or some other
anti-social elements might be tapped by security agencies
under the provisions of Telegraph act of 1885 but such cases
do not come to him," he asserted.
"Earlier also I had written to the Prime minister to
conduct any inquiry by any agency into the allegations of
phone tapping," Dhumal said.
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations
- Pakistan Army chief General Raheel Sharif approves death sentences of 11 terrorists
- Rajya Sabha ethics panel recommends expulsion of Vijay Mallya with immediate effect
- 2,200 SBI PO jobs offered: Apply by May 24