Dhumal denies charges of phone-tapping of politicians
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister P K
Dhumal on Friday denied the charge that the phones of politicians,
especially opposition Congress leaders, were being tapped.
"No phone-tapping of any politician is being done at the
behest of the government. Phones of criminals or some other
anti-social elements might be tapped by security agencies
under the provisions of Telegraph act of 1885 but such cases
do not come to him," he asserted.
"Earlier also I had written to the Prime minister to
conduct any inquiry by any agency into the allegations of
phone tapping," Dhumal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site