Dhumal denies wrong doing in Atal uniform scheme
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh chief minister
P K Dhumal on Wednesday strongly denied any irregularities in
implementation of Atal Uniform scheme for school children and
asserted that the entire process for procurement of dresses
Intervening in the reply to a question regarding
"irregularities" in implementation of the Rs 60 crore scheme,
he said that there was no question of compromising with the
quality of the cloth and favouring any supplier and in case
any member had any complaints about the quality of the cloth
or any irregularity in the tendering process, he can file a
"The scheme has been named after our revered leader Atal
Bihari Vajpayee and apprehensions about any corruption are
totally misplaced", he asserted.
Rejecting the demand of Kaul Singh Thakur (Congress) to
make cash payment to the parents of the students to avoid any
controversy and said that the motive behind supplying free
uniform was to bring uniformity and end discrimination among
the students coming from different socio-economic background.
He said that the government had also launched the Atal
Bijili Bachat Yojana and supplied free CFL bulbs that helped
in saving electricity worth Rs 110 crore.
However, Kaul Singh alleged that substandard CFL bulbs
were supplied under the scheme which did not last the full
Urging members to refrain from making unnecessary
criticism of the scheme, he assured that 124 samples would be
taken from the selected firm to check the quality of cloth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert