Dhumal draws PM`s attention to Chinese incursions
Shimla: Drawing Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s attention to "repeated Chinese incursions" into Indian
territory, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal
has asked him to take steps to tone up infrastructure network
close to Sino-Indian borders located in the hill state.
In a letter to Singh, Dhumal put emphasis on building the
rail link at the earliest, broad gauging of
Pathankot-Jogindernagar railway line and also a strategically
world class air field on the India side in Himachal Pradesh.
in view of growing threat from the neighbouring country.
While long range missiles on the Tibetan soil were a
constant threat, large number of Chinese troops have been
spotted in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (POK), Dhumal said.
"Chinese soldiers have forced the stoppage of road
construction in Leh-Ladakh area and China disputes the
sovereign integrity of India by protesting against your visit
to the state of Arunachal Pradesh which is a matter of
concern," the letter said.
Apart from a state-of-the-art railway network, China has
commissioned an ultra modern air-field on the Tibetan soil and
it was understood that strategically important massive
installations have come up on the other side of the border
which could not be taken lightly, he said.
The bitter lesson of 1962 (India-China war) should have
resulted in putting in place an effective deterrent mechanism,
on our side too, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared