Dhumal misleading people on plan assistance: Cong ministers
Shimla: Two ministers in the Himachal Pradesh government today flayed former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal for "misleading" people by distorting the facts about Special Plan assistance.
Industries minister Mukesh Agnihotri and Excise and Taxation minister Prakash Chaudhary said the state`s annual plan for 2013-14 was Rs 4,100 crore against Rs 3,700 crore during 2011-12, an increase of 11 per cent.
The ministers said the State Plan Assistance and Special Central Assistance (SPA/SCA) approved in 2012-13 was Rs 1,400 crore, the same was reduced to Rs 1,293.01 crore during the course of the year for which the BJP government was responsible.
Asking Dhumal to correct his facts, the ministers said that the present government had been successful in getting an additional amount of Rs 106.90 crore in March 2013 and the total Central Assistance received for the Annual Plan consists of Normal Central Assistance, SPA and SCA which had increased from Rs 2,790 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 2,851 crore in 2013-14, a hike of Rs 61.00 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore