Dhumal misleading people on plan assistance: Cong ministers
Shimla: Two ministers in the Himachal Pradesh government today flayed former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal for "misleading" people by distorting the facts about Special Plan assistance.
Industries minister Mukesh Agnihotri and Excise and Taxation minister Prakash Chaudhary said the state`s annual plan for 2013-14 was Rs 4,100 crore against Rs 3,700 crore during 2011-12, an increase of 11 per cent.
The ministers said the State Plan Assistance and Special Central Assistance (SPA/SCA) approved in 2012-13 was Rs 1,400 crore, the same was reduced to Rs 1,293.01 crore during the course of the year for which the BJP government was responsible.
Asking Dhumal to correct his facts, the ministers said that the present government had been successful in getting an additional amount of Rs 106.90 crore in March 2013 and the total Central Assistance received for the Annual Plan consists of Normal Central Assistance, SPA and SCA which had increased from Rs 2,790 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 2,851 crore in 2013-14, a hike of Rs 61.00 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?