Dhumal misleading people on plan assistance: Cong ministers
Shimla: Two ministers in the Himachal Pradesh government today flayed former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal for "misleading" people by distorting the facts about Special Plan assistance.
Industries minister Mukesh Agnihotri and Excise and Taxation minister Prakash Chaudhary said the state`s annual plan for 2013-14 was Rs 4,100 crore against Rs 3,700 crore during 2011-12, an increase of 11 per cent.
The ministers said the State Plan Assistance and Special Central Assistance (SPA/SCA) approved in 2012-13 was Rs 1,400 crore, the same was reduced to Rs 1,293.01 crore during the course of the year for which the BJP government was responsible.
Asking Dhumal to correct his facts, the ministers said that the present government had been successful in getting an additional amount of Rs 106.90 crore in March 2013 and the total Central Assistance received for the Annual Plan consists of Normal Central Assistance, SPA and SCA which had increased from Rs 2,790 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 2,851 crore in 2013-14, a hike of Rs 61.00 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey