Dhumal, Shanta Kumar share dais at BJP rally
Shimla: Projecting a united a face, the ruling BJP in Himachal Pradesh on Saturday held the "Yuva Sankalp rally" at Hamirpur with Chief Minister PK Dhumal and party Vice President Shanta Kumar putting asside their differences to share the dais and shower praise on each other.
Addressing the rally, former party chief Rajnath Singh said with Dhumal and Kumar leading the party in the assembly polls slated to be held later this year, accomplishing "Mission Repeat-2012" was not a difficult task but workers must not be complacent and work wholeheartedly for the success of the party.
The party has embarked on "Mission Repeat-2012" to reinstall a BJP government in the state for the second term in a row after the next assembly polls.
The BJP central leadership had been trying hard to help the two leaders iron out their differences ahead of the assembly elections in the hill state.
Singh said the state Government had not only implemented the BJP election manifesto but had gone a step ahead by taking up development activities not even mentioned in it.
He congratulated the Chief Minister for his successful tenure and expressed confidence that he would bring the party back to power in the coming assembly polls.
Addressing the rally, Dhumal said that free carry bags would be provided to PDS consumers so that they did not find any problem in carrying ration and the scheme would be started from August 15 (Independence Day).
Claiming that the state had witnessed unprecedented development under BJP rule, he said the pace of industrialisation had not slckened even after premature withdrawal of industrial Package by the UPA government and reduction of ration quota and denial of special financial package to tide over the financial crunch.
BJP national Vice-President Shanta Kumar and former Minister said that the large turnout at the rally signaled that the BJP was set to ride back to power in the state.
He said the present government had protected the interests of the common man and made efforts to realise the dreams of Gandhi Ji and Swami Vivekananda.
He said that despite a Congress government at the Centre as well as the state in the past, Himachal could not get royalty on water but the BJP government succeeded in getting Rs 4000 crore from power projects under BBMB.
He said that corruption was a cause of concern but it was sad that the UPA government was not serious in eradicating corruption and asked the people to throw out the government at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened