Dhumal, Shanta Kumar share dais at BJP rally
Shimla: Projecting a united a face, the ruling BJP in Himachal Pradesh on Saturday held the "Yuva Sankalp rally" at Hamirpur with Chief Minister PK Dhumal and party Vice President Shanta Kumar putting asside their differences to share the dais and shower praise on each other.
Addressing the rally, former party chief Rajnath Singh said with Dhumal and Kumar leading the party in the assembly polls slated to be held later this year, accomplishing "Mission Repeat-2012" was not a difficult task but workers must not be complacent and work wholeheartedly for the success of the party.
The party has embarked on "Mission Repeat-2012" to reinstall a BJP government in the state for the second term in a row after the next assembly polls.
The BJP central leadership had been trying hard to help the two leaders iron out their differences ahead of the assembly elections in the hill state.
Singh said the state Government had not only implemented the BJP election manifesto but had gone a step ahead by taking up development activities not even mentioned in it.
He congratulated the Chief Minister for his successful tenure and expressed confidence that he would bring the party back to power in the coming assembly polls.
Addressing the rally, Dhumal said that free carry bags would be provided to PDS consumers so that they did not find any problem in carrying ration and the scheme would be started from August 15 (Independence Day).
Claiming that the state had witnessed unprecedented development under BJP rule, he said the pace of industrialisation had not slckened even after premature withdrawal of industrial Package by the UPA government and reduction of ration quota and denial of special financial package to tide over the financial crunch.
BJP national Vice-President Shanta Kumar and former Minister said that the large turnout at the rally signaled that the BJP was set to ride back to power in the state.
He said the present government had protected the interests of the common man and made efforts to realise the dreams of Gandhi Ji and Swami Vivekananda.
He said that despite a Congress government at the Centre as well as the state in the past, Himachal could not get royalty on water but the BJP government succeeded in getting Rs 4000 crore from power projects under BBMB.
He said that corruption was a cause of concern but it was sad that the UPA government was not serious in eradicating corruption and asked the people to throw out the government at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe