Dhumal`s detractors anti-corruption morcha
Shimla: In an apparent move to embarrass Chief
Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, his detractors within the BJP
on Wednesday announced formation of "Himachal Bhrashtachar Mukti
Morcha" with an aim to fight corruption in the state.
Described as a "non-political" front against corruption,
the Morcha is led by former BJP MP Maheshwar Singh, who said
that the front had nothing to do with internal affairs of the
BJP and also denied that it was an outfit of "Shanta
Former BJP Minister Mohinder Sofat, a staunch Shanta
loyalist, has been appointed spokesperson of the Morcha.
The detractors of Dhumal had launched a similar outfit
under the banner of Mitra Mandals in 2001 costing the BJP
heavily in 2003 Assembly polls which saw the party being
ousted from power.
Maheshwar Singh, a three time former MLA and four time MP,
said the morcha would strengthen the Rath Yatra of senior
party leader L K Advani against corruption.
With Assembly elections due next year in Himachal Pradesh,
the Morcha`s activities on the issue of corruption could dent
the party`s image, insiders in the party said.
Reacting to the new development, Dhumal described
theformation of the Morcha as "unnecessary" and said it was an
outfit of "defeated BJP leaders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire