Dhumal`s detractors anti-corruption morcha
Shimla: In an apparent move to embarrass Chief
Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, his detractors within the BJP
on Wednesday announced formation of "Himachal Bhrashtachar Mukti
Morcha" with an aim to fight corruption in the state.
Described as a "non-political" front against corruption,
the Morcha is led by former BJP MP Maheshwar Singh, who said
that the front had nothing to do with internal affairs of the
BJP and also denied that it was an outfit of "Shanta
Former BJP Minister Mohinder Sofat, a staunch Shanta
loyalist, has been appointed spokesperson of the Morcha.
The detractors of Dhumal had launched a similar outfit
under the banner of Mitra Mandals in 2001 costing the BJP
heavily in 2003 Assembly polls which saw the party being
ousted from power.
Maheshwar Singh, a three time former MLA and four time MP,
said the morcha would strengthen the Rath Yatra of senior
party leader L K Advani against corruption.
With Assembly elections due next year in Himachal Pradesh,
the Morcha`s activities on the issue of corruption could dent
the party`s image, insiders in the party said.
Reacting to the new development, Dhumal described
theformation of the Morcha as "unnecessary" and said it was an
outfit of "defeated BJP leaders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured