Don’t dictate terms: Dhumal to Kejriwal on Lokayukta
Shimla: Taking strong exception to reported
remarks of Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal that Lokayukta was
defunct in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister PK Dhumal today
said his government was committed to amending the legislation
but the social activist cannot "dictate terms" in the matter.
Dhumal said Kejriwal`s observations were not based on
"The Public Service Guarantee Act passed by the
government was very strong and effective and we are committed
to amend the Lokayukta Act in consultation with present
Lokayukta and other concerned but Kejriwal cannot dictate
terms," he said.
"The BJP government is for zero tolerance against
corruption and takes all the necessary steps, including
strengthening the Lokayukta, to root out corruption," Dhumal
Kejriwal had reportedly said in Mandi yesterday that
Public Service Guarantee Act in the state was defunct and
without independent mechanism to provide justice to
Charges of rampant corruption in the state were
ill-founded, Dhumal said, adding he was the "first chief
minister" to openly support Anna Hazare`s anti-graft campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt exploring ways to bring petro products under GST: Pradhan
- Bajaj V sales cross 1-lakh mark within 4 months of launch
- BJP leader Ram Sevak Nishad killed in accident
- Call drops: Telcos commit Rs 20,000 crore for towers, seek new spectrum
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..