Don’t dictate terms: Dhumal to Kejriwal on Lokayukta
Shimla: Taking strong exception to reported
remarks of Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal that Lokayukta was
defunct in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister PK Dhumal today
said his government was committed to amending the legislation
but the social activist cannot "dictate terms" in the matter.
Dhumal said Kejriwal`s observations were not based on
"The Public Service Guarantee Act passed by the
government was very strong and effective and we are committed
to amend the Lokayukta Act in consultation with present
Lokayukta and other concerned but Kejriwal cannot dictate
terms," he said.
"The BJP government is for zero tolerance against
corruption and takes all the necessary steps, including
strengthening the Lokayukta, to root out corruption," Dhumal
Kejriwal had reportedly said in Mandi yesterday that
Public Service Guarantee Act in the state was defunct and
without independent mechanism to provide justice to
Charges of rampant corruption in the state were
ill-founded, Dhumal said, adding he was the "first chief
minister" to openly support Anna Hazare`s anti-graft campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi