Door-step relief for farmers in rain-ravaged Kinnaur: CM
Shimla: Relief and compensation to farmers of rain-ravaged Kinnaur district would be provided at their door-step and all steps would taken to restore the damaged road network, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday said.
"Apple, peas and rajma (red kidney beans) crops have suffered extensive damage, and in many places the damage was upto 90 per cent. Government will provide cash relief and other facilities to the affected people at their door-step," Singh said while talking to reporters here.
Officials of Horticulture and Agriculture departments and revenue officers have been asked to make detailed assessment of loss and prepare damage reports, he said, adding that he had met the Prime Minister in this connection and sought immediate relief of Rs 1,000 crore.
More than 10,000 animals perished, 1,000 houses were damaged and 20 persons lost their lives in heavy rains in between June 16 and 18 and massive landslides triggered by the rains blocked all roads to Kinnaur district.
Loss of private and public property in the unprecedented rains was estimated at Rs 2,575 crore, Singh said.
"There is no shortage of essential items in the disaster-hit areas," the Chief Minister stressed and said, a malicious campaign was on against the government by some vested quarters.
State government will take steps to restore the old Hindustan-Tibet Road for an alternate route to the tribal areas upto the borders of Tibet, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant