EC gives common symbol to 2 unrecognised parties
New Delhi: The Election Commission has accepted the demand of two registered unrecognised political parties in Himachal Pradesh and granted them the concession of allotting a common symbol to their candidates in the November 4 Assembly polls.
The Commission has allotted the election symbol of `Telephone` to candidates of Himachal Lokhit Party, which has fielded its candidates in all the 68 Assembly constituencies in the state and `Television` as symbol for candidates of Himachal Swabhiman Party, which has fielded candidates in 45 constituencies.
Unrecognised political parties are normally not allowed a common symbol for their candidates.
The concession of allotment of common symbols to these new parties has been done by EC under the provisions of Para 10B of the Election Symbols (Reservation and Allotment) Order, 1968. It has also directed concerned Returning Officers to allot the common symbol to candidates of the two parties subject to fulfilment of provisions of the Order.
In case of Himachal Swabhiman Party, a fast track court in Shimla has passed an ad-interim injunction order restraining Subhash Sharma from carrying out activities in the capacity of President of the party till October 15, 2012, which will also be considered before allotting symbols.
The Himachal Lokhit Party has been floated by BJP dissidents led by former MP Maheshwar Singh and will contest all 68 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
The Himachal Swabhiman Party was launched by BJP`s once political strategist Govindacharya in the hill state, aimed at providing a third alternative in the political scenario of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch