EC gives common symbol to 2 unrecognised parties
New Delhi: The Election Commission has accepted the demand of two registered unrecognised political parties in Himachal Pradesh and granted them the concession of allotting a common symbol to their candidates in the November 4 Assembly polls.
The Commission has allotted the election symbol of `Telephone` to candidates of Himachal Lokhit Party, which has fielded its candidates in all the 68 Assembly constituencies in the state and `Television` as symbol for candidates of Himachal Swabhiman Party, which has fielded candidates in 45 constituencies.
Unrecognised political parties are normally not allowed a common symbol for their candidates.
The concession of allotment of common symbols to these new parties has been done by EC under the provisions of Para 10B of the Election Symbols (Reservation and Allotment) Order, 1968. It has also directed concerned Returning Officers to allot the common symbol to candidates of the two parties subject to fulfilment of provisions of the Order.
In case of Himachal Swabhiman Party, a fast track court in Shimla has passed an ad-interim injunction order restraining Subhash Sharma from carrying out activities in the capacity of President of the party till October 15, 2012, which will also be considered before allotting symbols.
The Himachal Lokhit Party has been floated by BJP dissidents led by former MP Maheshwar Singh and will contest all 68 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
The Himachal Swabhiman Party was launched by BJP`s once political strategist Govindacharya in the hill state, aimed at providing a third alternative in the political scenario of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan