EC gives common symbol to 2 unrecognised parties
New Delhi: The Election Commission has accepted the demand of two registered unrecognised political parties in Himachal Pradesh and granted them the concession of allotting a common symbol to their candidates in the November 4 Assembly polls.
The Commission has allotted the election symbol of `Telephone` to candidates of Himachal Lokhit Party, which has fielded its candidates in all the 68 Assembly constituencies in the state and `Television` as symbol for candidates of Himachal Swabhiman Party, which has fielded candidates in 45 constituencies.
Unrecognised political parties are normally not allowed a common symbol for their candidates.
The concession of allotment of common symbols to these new parties has been done by EC under the provisions of Para 10B of the Election Symbols (Reservation and Allotment) Order, 1968. It has also directed concerned Returning Officers to allot the common symbol to candidates of the two parties subject to fulfilment of provisions of the Order.
In case of Himachal Swabhiman Party, a fast track court in Shimla has passed an ad-interim injunction order restraining Subhash Sharma from carrying out activities in the capacity of President of the party till October 15, 2012, which will also be considered before allotting symbols.
The Himachal Lokhit Party has been floated by BJP dissidents led by former MP Maheshwar Singh and will contest all 68 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
The Himachal Swabhiman Party was launched by BJP`s once political strategist Govindacharya in the hill state, aimed at providing a third alternative in the political scenario of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown