Efforts to tarnish Virbhadra`s image: Ambika Soni
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni on Saturday said the graft charges had been levelled against senior Congress leader Virbhadra Singh to "tarnish" his image ahead of Assembly Elections in Himachal Pradesh.
"This issue coming up at this particular time raises many question marks. Because I have read that the papers somebody has accessed or which has been distributed bears the date of 2010. We are entering in 2012, what were they doing in these two years?" Soni told journalists here.
"To take it up at this time and to create a media movement on this issue that makes many of us feel that it has political overtones," she said.
Soni said Himachal Pradesh is going to elections on November 04 and the people of the state were tired of the last five years of governance.
"They are looking up to Congress party and Virbhadra Singh is one of the leaders of Congress party, a former chief minister. So, they are trying to tarnish the image of our whole team," Soni said.
"But I am afraid people see through all these machinations and they do realise that a paper which nobody spoke of for two years suddenly seems to have gained importance for the opposition. And I think this is not going to serve their purpose of giving them more brownie points in the elections," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!