Eight killed, 20 injured in separate accidents in HP
Shimla: Eight persons were killed while 20 others were injured in separate accidents in several areas of Himachal Pradesh on Sunday, police said.
Three persons were killed and 15 others were injured when an overloaded pick-up van carrying them veered off the road at Lambidhar near Kufri, 18 kms from here, this evening, they said.
The victims were rushed to Indira Gandhi Medical College hospital here among which the condition of four was stated to be critical, they said.
In another incident, two persons were killed when their car fell into a 30-feet deep khud on the Ganvi road in Jhakri area, they said.
In a separate mishap near Dharech in Chopal, one person died after the Tata Sumo he was travelling in skidded off the road and hit a tree.
Two bikers also died on the spot when their motorcycles met with accidents at two different places in Sandhasu in Chirgaon and Shoghi on the Shimla-Kalka highway this morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars