Eight killed, 20 injured in separate accidents in HP
Shimla: Eight persons were killed while 20 others were injured in separate accidents in several areas of Himachal Pradesh on Sunday, police said.
Three persons were killed and 15 others were injured when an overloaded pick-up van carrying them veered off the road at Lambidhar near Kufri, 18 kms from here, this evening, they said.
The victims were rushed to Indira Gandhi Medical College hospital here among which the condition of four was stated to be critical, they said.
In another incident, two persons were killed when their car fell into a 30-feet deep khud on the Ganvi road in Jhakri area, they said.
In a separate mishap near Dharech in Chopal, one person died after the Tata Sumo he was travelling in skidded off the road and hit a tree.
Two bikers also died on the spot when their motorcycles met with accidents at two different places in Sandhasu in Chirgaon and Shoghi on the Shimla-Kalka highway this morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India