Eight killed, 20 injured in separate accidents in HP
Shimla: Eight persons were killed while 20 others were injured in separate accidents in several areas of Himachal Pradesh on Sunday, police said.
Three persons were killed and 15 others were injured when an overloaded pick-up van carrying them veered off the road at Lambidhar near Kufri, 18 kms from here, this evening, they said.
The victims were rushed to Indira Gandhi Medical College hospital here among which the condition of four was stated to be critical, they said.
In another incident, two persons were killed when their car fell into a 30-feet deep khud on the Ganvi road in Jhakri area, they said.
In a separate mishap near Dharech in Chopal, one person died after the Tata Sumo he was travelling in skidded off the road and hit a tree.
Two bikers also died on the spot when their motorcycles met with accidents at two different places in Sandhasu in Chirgaon and Shoghi on the Shimla-Kalka highway this morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok