Eight killed in Himachal wall collapse
Shimla: Eight labourers were killed when a wall of their temporary hutment caved in early Friday due to heavy rains in Himachal Pradesh`s Sirmaur district, an official said.
The labourers, mostly from Uttar Pradesh, were sleeping in their hutment when the wall collapsed around 3 a.m. at Sataun village, some 250 km from here, Deputy Commissioner Padam Chauhan told reporters over telephone.
The bodies of the victims have been retrieved from the debris, he said.
The victims were employed in a dumping yard of mine stones at Sataun, an area known for limestone mining.
The government has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident and announced a compensation of Rs.100,000 to the next of kin of the victims, Chauhan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed