Enquiry report on death of youth in police shootout submitted in HP
Shimla: An enquiry report on the death of a youth in police shootout near Tara Devi, 10 km from here on the night of January 9 was submitted to the Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Malhotra on Monday.
The magisterial enquiry was ordered following protests and demonstration by people who laid siege to police station and IGMC, where the post mortem of the youth, who was shot by a bullet was conducted.
The police had maintained that the youth who were trying to loot goods from impounded vehicles attacked the police when they tried to question them and police fired in `self defence` leading to death of a youth.
In his five page report, prepared after examining 20 witnesses, Additional District Magistrate (ADM), Shimla, N K Lath reported to have concluded that the police fired in self defence.
However, he also observed that the police could have shown some restraint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!