Enquiry report on death of youth in police shootout submitted in HP
Shimla: An enquiry report on the death of a youth in police shootout near Tara Devi, 10 km from here on the night of January 9 was submitted to the Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Malhotra on Monday.
The magisterial enquiry was ordered following protests and demonstration by people who laid siege to police station and IGMC, where the post mortem of the youth, who was shot by a bullet was conducted.
The police had maintained that the youth who were trying to loot goods from impounded vehicles attacked the police when they tried to question them and police fired in `self defence` leading to death of a youth.
In his five page report, prepared after examining 20 witnesses, Additional District Magistrate (ADM), Shimla, N K Lath reported to have concluded that the police fired in self defence.
However, he also observed that the police could have shown some restraint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway