Ex-BJP state chief inducted in Himachal govt
Shimla: With Assembly Elections in the state
just a few months away, the Himachal Pradesh cabinet was expanded Thursday with the induction of former BJP state chief Khimi Ram to fill the lone vacant berth.
Governor Urmilla Singh administered the oath of office
and secretary to Khimi Ram at a simple ceremony, attended by
other ministers, at the Raj Bhawan here.
With the induction of Ram, who resigned as state BJP chief last week, the lone vacancy in the cabinet caused by the resignation of J P Nadda, who was appointed BJP general secretary in March 2010, has been filled.
Talking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, chief minister P K Dhumal said that the portfolio of the new
minister would be announced by the evening.
This would be the second expansion of the 50-month-old
cabinet after Dhumal was sworn in as chief minister in
December, 2007, and three cabinet ministers were added in
Khimi Ram was elected as MLA from Banjjar constituency in
Kullu in 2003 and retained his seat in 2007.
He was elected Deputy Speaker of the Assembly in January
2008 but resigned from the post on his appointment as state
BJP chief in February 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!