Ex-BJP state chief inducted in Himachal govt
Shimla: With Assembly Elections in the state
just a few months away, the Himachal Pradesh cabinet was expanded Thursday with the induction of former BJP state chief Khimi Ram to fill the lone vacant berth.
Governor Urmilla Singh administered the oath of office
and secretary to Khimi Ram at a simple ceremony, attended by
other ministers, at the Raj Bhawan here.
With the induction of Ram, who resigned as state BJP chief last week, the lone vacancy in the cabinet caused by the resignation of J P Nadda, who was appointed BJP general secretary in March 2010, has been filled.
Talking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, chief minister P K Dhumal said that the portfolio of the new
minister would be announced by the evening.
This would be the second expansion of the 50-month-old
cabinet after Dhumal was sworn in as chief minister in
December, 2007, and three cabinet ministers were added in
Khimi Ram was elected as MLA from Banjjar constituency in
Kullu in 2003 and retained his seat in 2007.
He was elected Deputy Speaker of the Assembly in January
2008 but resigned from the post on his appointment as state
BJP chief in February 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list