Ex-BJP state chief inducted in Himachal govt
Shimla: With Assembly Elections in the state
just a few months away, the Himachal Pradesh cabinet was expanded Thursday with the induction of former BJP state chief Khimi Ram to fill the lone vacant berth.
Governor Urmilla Singh administered the oath of office
and secretary to Khimi Ram at a simple ceremony, attended by
other ministers, at the Raj Bhawan here.
With the induction of Ram, who resigned as state BJP chief last week, the lone vacancy in the cabinet caused by the resignation of J P Nadda, who was appointed BJP general secretary in March 2010, has been filled.
Talking to reporters after the swearing-in ceremony, chief minister P K Dhumal said that the portfolio of the new
minister would be announced by the evening.
This would be the second expansion of the 50-month-old
cabinet after Dhumal was sworn in as chief minister in
December, 2007, and three cabinet ministers were added in
Khimi Ram was elected as MLA from Banjjar constituency in
Kullu in 2003 and retained his seat in 2007.
He was elected Deputy Speaker of the Assembly in January
2008 but resigned from the post on his appointment as state
BJP chief in February 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets