Expelled leader back in BJP
Shimla: Expelled BJP leader HN Kashyap on Sunday made a comeback to the party promising to support it "wholeheartedly" in the coming general elections.
Kashyap re-joined the BJP along with his supporters in the presence of state BJP chief Satpal Singh Satti and local MLA, Suresh Bharadwaj.
The former state official, who had been expelled for anti-party activities in 2012, promised to work wholeheartedly to ensure the victory of BJP candidate from Shimla (Reserve) constituency.
Kashyap had lost the Lok Sabha elections in 2004 and was a strong contender for party ticket from Solan for the Assembly polls in 2012 but was denied the ticket and contested as independent.
Meanwhile, party spokesman Ganesh Dutt claimed that the UPA government`s decision to increase the number of subsidised LPG from 9 to 12 a year and delink the same from Aadhaar card, was due to pressure of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post