Expelled leader back in BJP
Shimla: Expelled BJP leader HN Kashyap on Sunday made a comeback to the party promising to support it "wholeheartedly" in the coming general elections.
Kashyap re-joined the BJP along with his supporters in the presence of state BJP chief Satpal Singh Satti and local MLA, Suresh Bharadwaj.
The former state official, who had been expelled for anti-party activities in 2012, promised to work wholeheartedly to ensure the victory of BJP candidate from Shimla (Reserve) constituency.
Kashyap had lost the Lok Sabha elections in 2004 and was a strong contender for party ticket from Solan for the Assembly polls in 2012 but was denied the ticket and contested as independent.
Meanwhile, party spokesman Ganesh Dutt claimed that the UPA government`s decision to increase the number of subsidised LPG from 9 to 12 a year and delink the same from Aadhaar card, was due to pressure of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?