Expelled leader back in BJP
Shimla: Expelled BJP leader HN Kashyap on Sunday made a comeback to the party promising to support it "wholeheartedly" in the coming general elections.
Kashyap re-joined the BJP along with his supporters in the presence of state BJP chief Satpal Singh Satti and local MLA, Suresh Bharadwaj.
The former state official, who had been expelled for anti-party activities in 2012, promised to work wholeheartedly to ensure the victory of BJP candidate from Shimla (Reserve) constituency.
Kashyap had lost the Lok Sabha elections in 2004 and was a strong contender for party ticket from Solan for the Assembly polls in 2012 but was denied the ticket and contested as independent.
Meanwhile, party spokesman Ganesh Dutt claimed that the UPA government`s decision to increase the number of subsidised LPG from 9 to 12 a year and delink the same from Aadhaar card, was due to pressure of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf