Expressing concern over mishap, Smriti Irani assures all help to Himachal
New Delhi: Expressing her grave concern over the shocking incident in Himachal Pradesh where 24 students are believed to have been washed away in river Beas, Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Monday assured the state of all possible assistance from the Centre.
Irani assured the state Education Ministry, held by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh,"of all assistance and support required from the Centre", a statement released by the HRD ministry said.
She also spoke to the faculty of the engineering college in Hyderabad who was accompanying the traveling student group.
The principal of the college was also assured of all cooperation to tackle the tragedy.
Around 24 engineering students from Hyderabad are feared to have been washed away last evening in River Beas near Thalot on Manali-Kiratpur Highway, 40 Km from Mandi.
The sightseeing trip to Himachal Pradesh turned tragic for the tourists when the students, including some girls who were taking photographs at the bank of the river, were swept away by gushing waters of Beas as discharge of water suddenly increased following its release from the reservoir of 126 MW Larji hydropower project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II