Extreme cold continues in Himachal
Shimla: There was no respite from the extreme cold in Himachal Pradesh Friday with people in the mid and high hills suffering in the sub-zero temperatures. This state capital had mild snowfall and recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature of the town these days is around 5 degrees, four degrees below average.
Kalpa saw a low of minus 6 degrees, while it was minus 2.4 degrees in Manali and 2.1 degrees in Dharamsala, an official of the meteorological office said.
Kalpa and Manali saw 4.4 cm and 2.5 cm of snow respectively in the past one day.
The met office said the skies would be cloudy across the state with a mild spell of rain or snow in some parts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery