Extreme cold continues in Himachal
Shimla: There was no respite from the extreme cold in Himachal Pradesh Friday with people in the mid and high hills suffering in the sub-zero temperatures. This state capital had mild snowfall and recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature of the town these days is around 5 degrees, four degrees below average.
Kalpa saw a low of minus 6 degrees, while it was minus 2.4 degrees in Manali and 2.1 degrees in Dharamsala, an official of the meteorological office said.
Kalpa and Manali saw 4.4 cm and 2.5 cm of snow respectively in the past one day.
The met office said the skies would be cloudy across the state with a mild spell of rain or snow in some parts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets