Extreme cold continues in Himachal
Shimla: There was no respite from the extreme cold in Himachal Pradesh Friday with people in the mid and high hills suffering in the sub-zero temperatures. This state capital had mild snowfall and recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature of the town these days is around 5 degrees, four degrees below average.
Kalpa saw a low of minus 6 degrees, while it was minus 2.4 degrees in Manali and 2.1 degrees in Dharamsala, an official of the meteorological office said.
Kalpa and Manali saw 4.4 cm and 2.5 cm of snow respectively in the past one day.
The met office said the skies would be cloudy across the state with a mild spell of rain or snow in some parts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH