First women police station of Himachal opened in Shimla
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday inaugurated the first all women police station of the state here and said it will help curbing crime against women and they will be encouraged to file complaint against atrocities and crime without any fear.
"This initiative will go a long way in curbing crime against women and embolden them to make complaints against atrocities and crime without any hesitation or fear," the chief minister said while dedicating the Women Police station to the people here.
The all women police station staff consists of an Station House Officer (SHO), one Inspector,?two sub-inspectors, six head constables and ten constables.
The government had announced two all women police stations at Shimla and Dharamsala.
Congratulating the police department for their initiative, Singh said police stations manned exclusively by women police personnel will be set up in the entire state in a phased manner to instill confidence among women.
All women related cases registered in police stations in the Shimla town will be transferred to this police station while women complainants in the other parts of the district, feeling aggrieved by the functioning of police stations in the areas, can also approach the WPS.
A cheque of Rs 1.60 lakh was contributed by state police employees towards the Chief Minister Relief Fund on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!