First women police station of Himachal opened in Shimla
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday inaugurated the first all women police station of the state here and said it will help curbing crime against women and they will be encouraged to file complaint against atrocities and crime without any fear.
"This initiative will go a long way in curbing crime against women and embolden them to make complaints against atrocities and crime without any hesitation or fear," the chief minister said while dedicating the Women Police station to the people here.
The all women police station staff consists of an Station House Officer (SHO), one Inspector,?two sub-inspectors, six head constables and ten constables.
The government had announced two all women police stations at Shimla and Dharamsala.
Congratulating the police department for their initiative, Singh said police stations manned exclusively by women police personnel will be set up in the entire state in a phased manner to instill confidence among women.
All women related cases registered in police stations in the Shimla town will be transferred to this police station while women complainants in the other parts of the district, feeling aggrieved by the functioning of police stations in the areas, can also approach the WPS.
A cheque of Rs 1.60 lakh was contributed by state police employees towards the Chief Minister Relief Fund on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy