Five in fray for two HP Assembly by-polls
Shimla: Five candidates were on Monday left in the fray for Renuka and Nalagarh Assembly bye-elections in Himachal Pradesh after scrutiny.
Nalagarh constituency will witness a direct contest between Gurnam Kaur (BJP), widow of former BJP minister Hari Narain Saini, and Lakhvinder Singh Rana (Congress).
A triangular contest will be seen in Renuka seat with Vinay Kumar (Congress), son of former Congress MLA Prem Singh, Hriday Ram Chauhan (BJP) and Independent candidate Sunder Singh in the fray. Two dummy candidates opted out of the contest in this seat.
The last date for withdrawal is November 16 and polling will be held on November 30.
Nalagarh seat fell vacant following the death of three-time BJP MLA Hari Narain Saini, while the Renuka seat fell vacant following demise of six-time Congress MLA Prem Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!