Five in fray for two HP Assembly by-polls
Shimla: Five candidates were on Monday left in the fray for Renuka and Nalagarh Assembly bye-elections in Himachal Pradesh after scrutiny.
Nalagarh constituency will witness a direct contest between Gurnam Kaur (BJP), widow of former BJP minister Hari Narain Saini, and Lakhvinder Singh Rana (Congress).
A triangular contest will be seen in Renuka seat with Vinay Kumar (Congress), son of former Congress MLA Prem Singh, Hriday Ram Chauhan (BJP) and Independent candidate Sunder Singh in the fray. Two dummy candidates opted out of the contest in this seat.
The last date for withdrawal is November 16 and polling will be held on November 30.
Nalagarh seat fell vacant following the death of three-time BJP MLA Hari Narain Saini, while the Renuka seat fell vacant following demise of six-time Congress MLA Prem Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley