Five killed as car falls into gorge in Himachal
Keylong: Five persons were killed when their car rolled 300 mts down into a gorge near Stiringri, seven kms from here, late last night.
The vehicle went off the road while negotiating a sharp curve and rolled down, police said Monday.
The occupants of the car were on their way from Jispa to Gondla via Keylong when the mishap took place.
The bodies of the deceased were recovered with the help of locals and sent for post-mortem.
The deceased included a retired DSP, Prem Chand Thakur, Chhering Angroop (65), Chhaten (70), Shivang (30) and Sonam Shering (13).
Lahaul and Spiti Deputy Commissioner Hans Raj Chauhan rushed to the spot and supervised the rescue operations.
An immediate relief of Rs 10,000 has been given to the next of kin of each victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert