Five killed as car falls into gorge in Himachal
Keylong: Five persons were killed when their car rolled 300 mts down into a gorge near Stiringri, seven kms from here, late last night.
The vehicle went off the road while negotiating a sharp curve and rolled down, police said Monday.
The occupants of the car were on their way from Jispa to Gondla via Keylong when the mishap took place.
The bodies of the deceased were recovered with the help of locals and sent for post-mortem.
The deceased included a retired DSP, Prem Chand Thakur, Chhering Angroop (65), Chhaten (70), Shivang (30) and Sonam Shering (13).
Lahaul and Spiti Deputy Commissioner Hans Raj Chauhan rushed to the spot and supervised the rescue operations.
An immediate relief of Rs 10,000 has been given to the next of kin of each victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lloyds to cut 3,000 jobs, close more branches after Brexit shock
- Chhattisgarh IAS officer claims 94% of death row convicts are Dalits, Muslims, triggers row
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed
- No objection to Rajnath attending SAARC meeting in Pak: Congress
- Punjabi films are Surveen Chawla's first love!- READ