Five killed in accident in Himachal
Chamba: Five persons were killed when the car they were traveling in skidded off the road and fell into Ravi river on Chamba-Bharmour highway near Kalsuin area of the district.
The incident, which took place last night, was attributed to "rash and negligent driving" and all the occupants including the driver are dead, said police.
The bodies of Kalyan Singh, Kalaso, Makhouli, Kamal Kumar and Kirpa Ram, all residents of the adjoining areas of the accident site, were fished out today and handed over to their relatives, they said.
Meanwhile, about 80 people were injured when a Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus rolled few meters down into a gorge near Gohar in Mandi district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him