Flash floods cause loss of over Rs 1 crore in HP
Chamba: The Chamba-Shimla highway was blocked due to massive landslides triggered by heavy rains near Lahru in Bhattiyat sub-division while flash floods wreaked havoc in the region disrupting normal life.
The flash floods caused extensive damage to road network in the sub-division while a car and a pickup van were buried under debris in a massive landslide near Lahru.
However, no loss of life has so far been reported from any parts of the state.
Sub-Divisional magistrate Amit Mehra said two houses had collapsed in Taragarh area and residents have been evacuated.
The loss to road network and private and public property was estimated at more than Rs one crore, he said.
"It is expected that the highway would be opened for traffic by tomorrow after the debris is cleared," the SDM said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! 'Incorruptible' ex-BSP MLA, family live in tarpaulin tent by roadside - Know why
- 9.6 million US adults highly myopic: Study
- Umami - the Japanese taste sensation hidden in the Indian palate
- Get on the Dragon Boat to relish traditional dim sums at Delhi’s Yauatcha
- Anushka Sharma's FIRST LOOK from 'Sultan' 'Jag Ghoomeya' female version! SEE inside