Flash floods cause loss of over Rs 1 crore in HP
Chamba: The Chamba-Shimla highway was blocked due to massive landslides triggered by heavy rains near Lahru in Bhattiyat sub-division while flash floods wreaked havoc in the region disrupting normal life.
The flash floods caused extensive damage to road network in the sub-division while a car and a pickup van were buried under debris in a massive landslide near Lahru.
However, no loss of life has so far been reported from any parts of the state.
Sub-Divisional magistrate Amit Mehra said two houses had collapsed in Taragarh area and residents have been evacuated.
The loss to road network and private and public property was estimated at more than Rs one crore, he said.
"It is expected that the highway would be opened for traffic by tomorrow after the debris is cleared," the SDM said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant