Flash floods cause loss of over Rs 1 crore in HP
Chamba: The Chamba-Shimla highway was blocked due to massive landslides triggered by heavy rains near Lahru in Bhattiyat sub-division while flash floods wreaked havoc in the region disrupting normal life.
The flash floods caused extensive damage to road network in the sub-division while a car and a pickup van were buried under debris in a massive landslide near Lahru.
However, no loss of life has so far been reported from any parts of the state.
Sub-Divisional magistrate Amit Mehra said two houses had collapsed in Taragarh area and residents have been evacuated.
The loss to road network and private and public property was estimated at more than Rs one crore, he said.
"It is expected that the highway would be opened for traffic by tomorrow after the debris is cleared," the SDM said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family