Former BJP MLA Hriday Ram joins AAP
Nahan: Former Himachal MLA, Hriday Ram on Sunday joined Aam Admi Party (AAP), saying he was feeling suffocated in BJP and was not comfortable with style of functioning of the party.
Hriday Ram, who had quit Himachal Administrative Services and become an MLA from Renuka constituency on a Congress ticket during bypolls in 2011, and later changed over to BJP, announced his decision to join AAP in the presence of district convener of the party Jeet Singh Thakur.
Talking to mediapersons, Hriday Ram told reporters that he was feeling suffocated within the BJP and was not comfortable with style of functioning of the party and the tactics being used for winning the elections.
He said he was totally fed up with the "contractors and transfer centered-politics" being pursued in his constituency by both the BJP and Congress which were not interested in welfare of common man.
"I cannot kill my conscience to become a part of the political system designed for leaders of major political parties and feel that the AAP is closer to this ideology of value-based and people-oriented politics," Ram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured