Former BJP MLA Hriday Ram joins AAP
Nahan: Former Himachal MLA, Hriday Ram on Sunday joined Aam Admi Party (AAP), saying he was feeling suffocated in BJP and was not comfortable with style of functioning of the party.
Hriday Ram, who had quit Himachal Administrative Services and become an MLA from Renuka constituency on a Congress ticket during bypolls in 2011, and later changed over to BJP, announced his decision to join AAP in the presence of district convener of the party Jeet Singh Thakur.
Talking to mediapersons, Hriday Ram told reporters that he was feeling suffocated within the BJP and was not comfortable with style of functioning of the party and the tactics being used for winning the elections.
He said he was totally fed up with the "contractors and transfer centered-politics" being pursued in his constituency by both the BJP and Congress which were not interested in welfare of common man.
"I cannot kill my conscience to become a part of the political system designed for leaders of major political parties and feel that the AAP is closer to this ideology of value-based and people-oriented politics," Ram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday