Former Himachal minister booked for fraud
Shimla: A former Himachal Pradesh minister was booked on Thursday for the allotment of a prime residential plot in Dharamsala to his wife when he was heading an urban development authority, a police official said.
A case against misuse of power by Kishan Kapoor, while he was chairman of the Himachal Pradesh Housing and Urban Development Authority (HIMUDA) was registered under the Prevention of Corruption Act, Deputy Inspector General (Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau) AP Singh told reporters here.
Kapoor was a minister in the PK Dhumal-led Bharatiya Janata Party government
Singh said the case was registered after the state high court, hearing a petition on Aug 2, ordered a probe into the allotment of a prime residential plot in Dharamsala to Kapoor`s wife when he was heading an urban development authority.
A division bench of Chief Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice VK Sharma said that they were "of the considered opinion that all aspects of the matter should be inquired into by the vigilance department by an officer not below the rank of superintendent of police".
The court had said the "probe would also unravel involvement of officials concerned as well as other persons".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi