Forum directs HPSEB to rectify electricity problem in 20 days
Mandi: A consumer forum has directed the state electricity board to take effective steps to rectify electricity bills and the problem of low voltage and dim light in the house of a complainant here, within twenty days.
The Forum has also directed the respondent Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board (HPSEB) to pay Rs 3000 as compensation and Rs 2000 as cost to Kashmir Singh, resident of Bhangrotu here.
The Forum further ordered quashing of four faulty bills and directed the HPSEB authorities to issue fresh bills on average consumption after adjusting the amount already received.
Singh in his complaint said that he was facing the problem of low voltage and dim light and due to defective meter, he had been issued exorbitant electricity bills and inspite of several complaints and issue of a legal notice.
The problem was not redressed and he had to file the complaint.
The HPSEB authorities denied the charges, however admitted?that the meter in the house of the complainant was found defective, regarding which rebate was given to him.
The Forum held that it was duty of?HPSEB authorities to ensure that proper voltage in the house of complainant and observed that since the meter in the premises of the complainant was defective, the bills were not proper and stand quashed.
The Forum has ordered senior engineers and officials to take effective steps within twenty days so that problem of low voltage and dim light is rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan