Forum directs HPSEB to rectify electricity problem in 20 days
Mandi: A consumer forum has directed the state electricity board to take effective steps to rectify electricity bills and the problem of low voltage and dim light in the house of a complainant here, within twenty days.
The Forum has also directed the respondent Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board (HPSEB) to pay Rs 3000 as compensation and Rs 2000 as cost to Kashmir Singh, resident of Bhangrotu here.
The Forum further ordered quashing of four faulty bills and directed the HPSEB authorities to issue fresh bills on average consumption after adjusting the amount already received.
Singh in his complaint said that he was facing the problem of low voltage and dim light and due to defective meter, he had been issued exorbitant electricity bills and inspite of several complaints and issue of a legal notice.
The problem was not redressed and he had to file the complaint.
The HPSEB authorities denied the charges, however admitted?that the meter in the house of the complainant was found defective, regarding which rebate was given to him.
The Forum held that it was duty of?HPSEB authorities to ensure that proper voltage in the house of complainant and observed that since the meter in the premises of the complainant was defective, the bills were not proper and stand quashed.
The Forum has ordered senior engineers and officials to take effective steps within twenty days so that problem of low voltage and dim light is rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon