Forum directs HPSEB to rectify electricity problem in 20 days
Mandi: A consumer forum has directed the state electricity board to take effective steps to rectify electricity bills and the problem of low voltage and dim light in the house of a complainant here, within twenty days.
The Forum has also directed the respondent Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board (HPSEB) to pay Rs 3000 as compensation and Rs 2000 as cost to Kashmir Singh, resident of Bhangrotu here.
The Forum further ordered quashing of four faulty bills and directed the HPSEB authorities to issue fresh bills on average consumption after adjusting the amount already received.
Singh in his complaint said that he was facing the problem of low voltage and dim light and due to defective meter, he had been issued exorbitant electricity bills and inspite of several complaints and issue of a legal notice.
The problem was not redressed and he had to file the complaint.
The HPSEB authorities denied the charges, however admitted?that the meter in the house of the complainant was found defective, regarding which rebate was given to him.
The Forum held that it was duty of?HPSEB authorities to ensure that proper voltage in the house of complainant and observed that since the meter in the premises of the complainant was defective, the bills were not proper and stand quashed.
The Forum has ordered senior engineers and officials to take effective steps within twenty days so that problem of low voltage and dim light is rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- I-League: Salgaocar FC, Sporting Clube de Goa withdraw, to be absent from this season's roster
- AAP vs Centre: Home Ministry returns 14 Bills of Delhi govt, Kejriwal targets Modi
- AIR to launch channel for cross-border listeners
- Golfer Vani Kappor grabs her 5th title of the season
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli reveals the number of tattoos on his body!