Forum directs HPSEB to rectify electricity problem in 20 days
Mandi: A consumer forum has directed the state electricity board to take effective steps to rectify electricity bills and the problem of low voltage and dim light in the house of a complainant here, within twenty days.
The Forum has also directed the respondent Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board (HPSEB) to pay Rs 3000 as compensation and Rs 2000 as cost to Kashmir Singh, resident of Bhangrotu here.
The Forum further ordered quashing of four faulty bills and directed the HPSEB authorities to issue fresh bills on average consumption after adjusting the amount already received.
Singh in his complaint said that he was facing the problem of low voltage and dim light and due to defective meter, he had been issued exorbitant electricity bills and inspite of several complaints and issue of a legal notice.
The problem was not redressed and he had to file the complaint.
The HPSEB authorities denied the charges, however admitted?that the meter in the house of the complainant was found defective, regarding which rebate was given to him.
The Forum held that it was duty of?HPSEB authorities to ensure that proper voltage in the house of complainant and observed that since the meter in the premises of the complainant was defective, the bills were not proper and stand quashed.
The Forum has ordered senior engineers and officials to take effective steps within twenty days so that problem of low voltage and dim light is rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall